Therapeutic Health and Healing 8 Week Training
From One-Yoga and Susan Smith
Teachers: Erin Sweeney and Janis Webb
Therapeutic Yoga for Health Healing & An 8-week course teaching therapeutic intervention, prevention and maintenance practices for: Cancer survivors, care givers & patients | Managing chronic illness, heart disease & diabetes | Injury recovery & maintenance
Class will run: September 22 – November 10, 2015
Tuesday mornings, 10 a.m.–2 p.m. @ Liberty Yoga 700 Capitol Trail, Newark, DE
Tues evenings, 5:30–9:30 p.m. @ Transcend Yoga & Wellness 1609 Baltimore Pike, Chadds Ford, PA
Explore the ‘true’ healing behind the ancient practice of yoga! This course offers the opportunity to develop a personal yoga practice that promotes health, self awareness and discovery. With this information, you will learn holistic medicinal practices, and cultivate life-style changes that inspire and instill health and wellness.
Each class will include: Appropriate therapeutic yoga practice, followed by lecture, group discussion and sharing.
Pre-requisites: Students must be committed to learning. No prior knowledge of yoga or meditation is required.
Required Text: “The Heart of Yoga” by T.K.V. Desikachar.
Recommended Resource Text: “Moving Inward” by Rolf Sovik, Psy.D.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Explain the holistic benefits of yoga as a health and wellness program.
2. Develop a personal self-care and wellness plan.
3. Use The Eight Limbed Path of Yoga & Meditation as guidelines for vibrant, healthy, empowered living.
4. Describe and apply specific breathing, relaxation and meditation techniques to improve health, calm the mind and restore balance.
5. Modify yoga poses safely and appropriately for individual practice.
Tuition: $895 (Proceeds will support the Cancer Support Community of Delaware) This course qualifies for 40 hours of CEUs. An additional certification fee of $25 applies.
For more information and online registration: www.1-yoga.com/Workshops.html or e-mail [email protected]